"Delmas Archuleta was charged in 2007 for attempted murder in feather falls. He was originally found insane, was treated, then recharged. He would have been in his 30's at the time of the murders. Not sure if he had ties to Greenville or Philip at the time, but someone sure thought he did." I'll definitely be looking more into this guy,I read it was questioned if he was native, that would be interesting!
I also found philip getting 5150'd suspect. Makes him worthless as a witness. Could have also made him harder to prosecute for the attempted rape. Same could be said for murder, plus he couldn't testify against any other suspects.
. Does anyone know when this attempted rape happened?
"All three were sitting at a table in the dance floor area of the bar. POI got up from the table and walked into the front part of the bar. Marilyn didn't see him for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour." Marilyns statement. She found him at another part of the bar. Not covered in blood but.....enough time he could have been seen by Philip around the time the boys returned. Neither Bo or anyone else seems to confirm so who knows? But if Marilyn stated POI was mia for close to an hour the cops followed up on it I'd bet
I am kicking myself for not saving a link here, I bet I got it from Meanie or mks old site. Maybe today I'll finally go digging for it.
Marilyn's full report as seen in Part II - six pages 4/21/81 The date on the report is 4-21-81, and the time is 1350 hrs.
DOJ Investigator Mike C. and I interviewed Marilyn S. at the sheriff's office. The interview consisted mainly of questions and answers between Mike and Marilyn. Marilyn's answers to the questions were basically as follows: Marilyn said her rent is paid up through May 1st, 1981, and she would give permission to search her house in Keddie. When asked how long she has known Bo, she said:
1. Presently Bo is using the name Bobby Lake. She has only known Bo for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. POI met Bo in the VA Hospital in Reno. POI picked up Bo from the hospital when Bo was released, and Bo has been living with them until he left the other day.
2. She was asked if Bo had ever talked about killing people. She said he has talked about armed robberies and killing people. Bo said his little girl was raped and he killed the man that raped her. She asked Bo if that was why he was in prison. He said no, that the body was never found and never would be found.
3. Marilyn was asked if Bo had ever met Sue Sharp. She said Bo met Sue on Wednesday (4-8-81) night, and as far as she knew Bo had never seen her again.
4. She said she met Sue shortly after Sue moved to Keddie (November 1980). She said she and Sue were friends, occasionally had coffee together, and their kids were friends. She was asked if POI knew Sue very well and how he felt about her.
5. She said POI [Martin Smartt] didn't know Sue very well. She said that he hates all women, and he thinks they are sluts.
6. She said POI also hated Johnny Sharp and had threatened to break his hands because he thought Johnny was a punk. She said this happened in March.
7. Marilyn said that in general her husband hated all teenagers. He used to call Ricky [Sharp? or Meeks?] a pothead and Tina Sharp a whore.
8. Marilyn was asked when she married POI. She said they were married May 14, 1979, but had lived together for two years before that. She said he was a cook in Vietnam, but she couldn't remember which branch of the service he was in. [Insert sarcastic comment, snicker, or bewildered emojii here]
9. She said POI spent four months in the "brigg," and it was something to do with the commander's daughter and drugs.
10. She said POI used to be a speed freak, and shot up. She said that he talks about weird things when he smokes pot. She said he had some "coke" when they were in Phoenix.
11. Marilyn was asked if POI was ever violent. She said that POI told her he tried to kill someone in his family when he got out of Vietnam. While in Phoenix he threatened to blow up his father's house. He took some money and was going to buy some explosives, but he didn't buy them. She said he tried to run over her and her son, and in March or April of 1980 he pulled a knife and threatened to cut her. [No one has ever confirmed ANY of these allegations, but Martin had NO criminal record of or arrest records for "assaulting" ANYONE.]
[This part of the interview was concluded at 1425 hrs.]
At 1605 hrs, 4-21-81. The interview with Marilyn was continued. DOJ investigators Mike C. and Harry B and I interviewed her. The interview continued as before, with questions and answers.
1. She was asked if Bo had ever said anything about Sue. She said that the day after he met Sue, he said he would like to get to know her better. Bo didn't talk about her anymore. She was asked to tell us about Bo.
2. She related the following. Bo slept on the couch at their house. About a week before Sue died, Bo would get up during the night and wander outside. [according to Marty, once Bo took his two phenobarbital and two Dilantin, "you couldn't move him with a crowbar." Which would be 100 percent consistent with those two meds.] Bo never made physical advances toward Marilyn. Bo and POI were in ward 4A in the psychiatric ward of the VA hospital. Bo was taking medication for epilepsy [which, again, contradicts the "wander around at night" claim].
3. Bo didn't have a car, but he had a lot of clothing. Bo and POI wore the same size clothes, and Bo gave POI some of his clothes. Bo wore dentures, and needed reading glasses. POI didn't need glasses.
4. Right after POI and Bo got together, they both started wearing sunglasses all the time, even the night they went to the Back Door Bar [Another claim confirmed by NO ONE.] They both have several pairs of glasses.
5. She was asked to tell what happened the night (4-11-81) they went to the Keddie Back Door Bar. She said that Bo and POI got all dressed up. Bo was wearing a light grey three-piece suit and POI was wearing a dark green three-piece suit. They went to the bar and stayed there until 2430 to 0100 hrs.
5A. Marilyn drank two beers, and POI drank beer and coke with something in it. She didn't know if Bo had any liquor. Bo and POI were looking for a girl for Bo. They kept watching all the girls that came in. All three were sitting at a table in the dance floor area of the bar. POI got up from the table and walked into the front part of the bar. Marilyn didn't see him for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. Bo got mad because they changed the type of music that was being played. Bo wanted to leave, so Marilyn and Bo walked into the front part of the bar. POI was standing at the bar. He wanted to know if they wanted a drink. Marilyn said no, she just wanted to go home. All three walked back to their residence.
5B. When they got home a war movie was just coming on television. Bo and POI were bitching about Jan A. changing the music. POI called Jack B., the bartender, and complained about the music. POI wanted to go back to the bar. Bo said to wait a few minutes, as he was too mad about the music being changed, and he wanted to calm down. Bo and POI went back to the bar about fifteen minutes after the war movie started.
5C. The next morning POI was in bed with Marilyn and Bo was asleep on the couch, but she didn't know what time they got home. She said that Bo usually hung his coat in the bathroom, but it wasn't there the next morning. POI said the coat was on the couch. Marilyn checked and the coat was not on the couch. Marilyn said she has not seen POI's green suit since that Saturday night. She moved out of the house at 2145 hrs., Sunday, 4-12-81.
6. She was asked if she thought POI and Bo could have killed the three people at the Sharp residence. She said she felt that they were involved. She said she just had a feeling about it.
7. She said that POI felt that Sue was a whore, and he doesn't like high school boys, especially Johnny. [What about her two boys??? Marylin herself said she didn't like her 12-year-old son, Justin.] She said that in her mind she can see them approaching Sue, and maybe Dana and Johnny walking in.
8. She said she heard from Justin (her son) that Johnny was tied up with tape. She said she had first aid tape and masking tape in her house. [So, how does that make Martin "more guilty" than Justin???]
9. She was asked if Bo had any hiking boots, and she said she couldn't remember any. [Why did they ask? Because of Justin's description (probably) or because they found bloody boot prints? (several pieces of carpet were removed).]
10. She said Bo was interested in young girls. When asked to explain what she meant, she said Bo had shown her pictures of two girls about 18 years old [Marylin herself was fooling around with 19-year-ole Wade Meeks]. Bo told her that they were pictures of his wives. He also told her his daughter's name is [removed].
11. She was asked if Bo had ever been shot. She said Bo told her he had been shot when he was running dope. She said that after Bo had been questioned by police, he told her what she should tell the police. She said she didn't see any blood in her house on Sunday, 4-12-81. She doesn't even claim she saw blood on Marty and Bo.]
12. She said she doesn't plan on returning to the house, although she has belongings in the house and the rent is paid to 5-1-81.
13. She was asked if there were any guns in the house. She said that nether POI or Bo owned a gun. She added that Dee Jay Lake left his car at their house. Bo found an old .22 cal. rifle in the car and brought it into the house and placed it under the couch. Lake had asked for the rifle, but POI told him he didn't know anything about it. A few days later, Dee's wife, asked for the rifle and POI gave it to her. [What did Dee Lake say about this?]
14. She was asked if she remembered anything unusual when she was walking home from the bar on 4-11-81. She said she couldn't remember anything unusual. [Unusual? Who cares about unusual? What, in toto, did she see, usual or not? It's hard to believe they didn't ask her. But that depends on who TYPED this.
Post by anvilheadsix on Jan 30, 2022 16:09:15 GMT -6
I always thought he was there and a combination of mental illness and chemical impairment prevented him from being able to accurately communicate it to LE. That and they just didn't take him seriously. He sounds kinda like the town whacko. I believe this is him:
He was talking to his mother in or from jail where conversations are monitored. "I always thought he was there and a combination of mental illness and chemical impairment prevented him from being able to accurately communicate it to LE. That and they just didn't take him seriously. He sounds kinda like the town whacko." I have the exact same thought, and that is his find a grave. I'm fairly certain there are more interviews from and about Philip we'll never see:(
Post by anvilheadsix on Jan 31, 2022 20:33:25 GMT -6
They had him in custody?!!! PCSO had him in custody saying this stuff and there's nothing on it?!! Ugh!! With what he said, even if he was the Otis of this Mayberry, he should have received a mental health evaluation and been interrogated multiple times.
Let me see if I can get all the phillip stuff together in a single, timeline type post.
But I do agree with your impression of him. His story had a lot of interesting information in it. Along with some unbelievable parts, but that's not uncommon in confessions. People will try to distance their own involvement, change parts of the story, and even add things to make themselves look better or out of guilt. Sort of how he said he went back & tried to save Tina.
Yes, he was in jail shortly after the murders due to an attempted rape which occurred prior to the murders. While there, a conversation with his mother was monitored. The dispatcher didn't hear the entire conversation but overheard Phillip telling his mother he was present for the murders. They asked him to hand them the scissors and he did. His mom told him he was at the church that night. He said he thinks he should be hypnotized and his mom said "no, don't do that". I think it's interesting his confession started from a conversation with his mom. It's not like he went to police with this story or running his mouth, doing it for attention.
He's interviewed by police and tells the story we've all heard. But at some point he was interviewed again? The same day? But he asked for an attorney. After speaking privately with Phillip the attorney requested immunity for him. Then there is a timeline(?) entry which says "claimed in cabin during the murders, found to be 5150. No connection". So, it goes from a request for immunity to no connection/5150 & is unkown what happened in between there.